To have a daily painting emailed to you every day, please enter your address below.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Right Handed Bunny



I have been wanting to use Payne's grey (Gainsborough's clouds, for one example) because of the silvery color it makes, and it always has a sort of strange edge to it like there is some phosphorescence in it, or some steel. I dug it out and used it here, but not to the effect I wanted really. I added all sorts of other things to it to take it down in importance and lost that element. As I was working on this hand though, I was thinking, this doesn't even look like skin and it didn't until I got that background in. I'm going to hang this with the left hand, below, on my dining room wall, along with all the other human parts I have been painting.



No comments:

Post a Comment