To have a daily painting emailed to you every day, please enter your address below.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, December 20, 2010

Light Socket and Ribbon

This has been an interesting little series, I have learned a lot about composition. I tried to keep everything as simple as possible. I also moved the stuff around until it clicked in to an arrangement that was compelling and tied the color to the surface, emphasizing the flat square. It's been good ellipse practice too, so many of them in that one socket. On this one I did not overwork it and I was able to build the form and its transparencies as I went, rather than tensing up and figuring it all out beforehand. The painting experience was much better, more freedom. I am almost at 300 paintings -- oy vay!

1 comment:

  1. 300 paintings! Fantastic!!

    I am enjoying this series, Jean. You always find the most interesting subjects and do such a wonderful job with them. It's inspiring to see you take such mundane things and paint them with colors and compositions that make them extraordinary. Well done!

    ReplyDelete