To have a daily painting emailed to you every day, please enter your address below.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Mugshot 70 : Baby 1


I have recently acquired new progeny.
It's fun to paint these mashed heads. I was allowed to be in the delivery room so I could get shots immediately at birth.  It was so exciting though, that I was just wildly shooting everything hoping I got something good. This is my first go at it and it's largish, 10x16 inches. For the next one I'm scaling down because I want to work toward getting it down really fast, by which I mean getting the planes of the head and large masses established with a big brush before I get any detail in there.  Maybe I can get everything with the big brush and won't have to stoop to the little one at all.  Also, I want to get strong values stated immediately, so if I do smaller size and greater number I might practice my way into doing it habitually. Hoping for this.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing little being! Terrific portrait! I love the soft values and the hands, especially that chubbiness where they blossom from the wrist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jean, this is amazing! I can't help but just say .... aaaawww! So darn sweet and beautifully painted.

    ReplyDelete