To have a daily painting emailed to you every day, please enter your address below.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, July 16, 2010

HEB Cupcake on Blue Polka Dots


Several posts back I did a cupcake on top of some candy papers I glued to the panel. I liked the patterning behind the image a lot, but the edges were all wrong, too abrupt from the painted edge of the form to the candy paper surface. It finally occurred to me I could paint the pattern, duh, and be in control of the edges. Still, there was something interesting about the wabi-sabi of the painted form and the machine precision of the pattern repeat. But this is a start. Also, I got some Ampersand gesso boards, which take the paint differently. I think I like them a lot. A little drag on the brush to get used to. The matte surface allows you to push and pull the paint more.

No comments:

Post a Comment