To have a daily painting emailed to you every day, please enter your address below.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Mug 15

I painted this guy yesterday and it was a bust, but he is so beautiful I wanted to try to get him down if possible. It helped to have done him once before because my observation was much more acute. Also, I worked with a big hog bristle brush and tried to be economical in my description and to stop before that poisonous period that I often have at the end of the painting where I am trying to fix and smooth things (AAAAUGH!). I did drop it face down outside, though, so then I did have to go back and fix things, but it is good enough and much better than yesterday's painting.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful skin tones, Jean. Beautiful job on the lips! Too bad he's a mug!

    I just had fun going back to your beginning posts and scrolling through the posts and paintings. It's interesting to see your progress. Although I think you always were good.

    ReplyDelete