To have a daily painting emailed to you every day, please enter your address below.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Value Study 2 and 3


This has been unexpectedly interesting. The still life above had very little white in it and I felt a little panicked at how I was going to get some of the edges to show up...and yet, there they are.
The figure was harder, more info, and with my schmutzing the paint around I probably made a few extra values. Today I have been looking at Jane Freilicher's paintings of flowers in landscapes and noticing the small value range --- never even saw this before.

1 comment:

  1. When painting a nude I find that I tend to want to "improve" on the breast area if gravity has taken its toll but there is a really satisfying reality and heft to the forms you have depicted here, just as they were. I will resolve to quit "improving!" By the way, I haunt your site regularly even when I don't comment. Love your work so very much.

    ReplyDelete