To have a daily painting emailed to you every day, please enter your address below.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Value Study 9


I went back to look at Liz Wiltzen's explanation of these exercises and just as I suspected, I was missing an important element, the part about finding ways to link the darks so a rhythm of forms appear.  Those are my words, the rhythm part, but I think that is what would happen...so I set up my still life more carefully and painted it more slowly, thinking about what I wanted to happen.  I might not make the 50 in 30 (days), but it's worth it to take it to the 50.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful value study. And as Peggi Kroll Roberts would say, "be a designer".
    I am cracking up at your mad baby mugshot. Love it and your sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete