To have a daily painting emailed to you every day, please enter your address below.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Apples, Cherries


Yesterday I worked on a larger canvas, 8 " square. I had saved a cornish game hen to paint, and when I paint those on that 8x6" canvas, I always struggle with the drawing trying to get most of the legs inside the boundary. I was so happy to have all that space and feeling a little cocky maybe. Things went bad fast. The chicken ended up in the middle, as did the bowl and the cast shadow did not save it. I felt like I had a desert of space with those extra 2 inches. However, I got the bowl down really well, and it was a side view, harder for me, but it was beautiful and I got attached to it, even though the rest was terrible. So I saved it to look at and admire the bowl, and I since I wasn't out of steam yet, I did this one for today's post -- and to my surprise, it went easily and ended up a bit fresh!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! These apples are great! Love the colors and a great composition with the cherries.

    ReplyDelete