To have a daily painting emailed to you every day, please enter your address below.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Two Self Portraits, (12x10 and 10x8 inches)




These are the self portraits my student and I painted. Although often harrowing, I think portrait painting is the most exciting painting experience. I have a heightened feeling of athleticism -- like I need to be on my toes with all my core muscles clenched for balance and all the pistons firing. It takes the most of all I have. I am happy to report that with a minimum of harassment I got my student to give me hers.

6 comments:

  1. Excellent, Jean. Your warm and cool colors on the face are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your self-portrait is very powerful, Jean! Engaging every fiber of your being really poured your energy onto the canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was sort of expecting someone would make fun of me in all that red lipstick, which I never wear, but then it turned out it was me after all....
    Thanks for those nice words everyone!

    ReplyDelete