To have a daily painting emailed to you every day, please enter your address below.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Daffodils

I overworked this one, but here it is nevertheless. I liked working with the yellows. So many luminous shades of it were there, some just a touch to the green or red side and some just blaring and honking yellows straight from the tube. Also I had some success with the grey in the upper half --- I mixed many of them and used an alarming amount of paint -aaugh!- but I got it finally. ( You have to take your triumphs where you can.)

8 comments:

  1. Your yellows are simply luscious! Very nice composition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exceptionally beautiful, Jean. You've managed to paint the daffodil petals so delicately that they appear paper thin; very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Très belles jonquilles... tout en fraîcheur...
    Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jean, this caught my eye immediately. Personally, I don't feel a painting can be overworked. If you keep getting it right the first time, it's time to move on to something more challenging. Struggles on a canvas show tons of personality. I like this a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful job! Love the thick paint application!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful color variation in the dafodils.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this one too. The flowers and variety in the yellows are great but I especially love that grey in the background against the brilliant yellow... really makes the flowers pop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everybody! That is some nice bolstering up.

    ReplyDelete