To have a daily painting emailed to you every day, please enter your address below.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, March 5, 2010

Plate of peppers

Here is what I learned with this one: I usually tone the canvas before beginning the painting, but this time I was in a hurry, so I just got to work on a white panel. Those little specks of white are the canvas showing through. I thought that I always covered up the entire canvas, and further, that the toning color only muddied my paint if I overworked it, which is often. Or even mostly. But now I can see that an orange wash on the canvas would have added to it, made the overall color better. Hoisted by my own petard.

1 comment:

  1. Hum du piment d'espelette ? (http://www.pimentdespelette.com/?page_id=26)
    Que vas-tu nous concocter aujourd'hui ?
    Je me nourris en attendant les yeux en admirant ta toile... Merveilleux... Bises

    ReplyDelete