To have a daily painting emailed to you every day, please enter your address below.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Tomato and lemon



I'm rolling along here, not flipping out about small stuff, just trying to get a good routine going without too much crushing self criticism....some aspects of the studio and camera not optimal, but SO WHAT is my present attitude. This is Italy.
There are 400 kinds and shapes of tomatoes here, pleated, bulbous,  pickle shaped, grape sized, cabbage sized - I am just agog at the produce.
 Painting went a little easier today. I am carving up my days into painting/eating segments: morning,  any kind of cheese and tomatoes on toasted bread, LARGE espresso; painting, lunch, wide selection of pizza by the slice next door to me; painting, weenie nap, study Italian verbs, dinner late --9 at least--1000 choices for take out or if very good painting day, then reward of dinner outside at cafe on corner. This hasn't happened yet. Also, there is a beautiful lake here for swimming, which must be done. 

2 comments:

  1. Jean, I started following your blog during your hiatus, and I am so thrilled to see you painting again! I can't wait to see and read more about your Italian adventures. How fun! Keep up the great work!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Italy! How exciting. The markets must provide the best shapes and colors for your still lifes. Decisions on what to paint, eat and do would be overwhelming for me. It just sounds wonderful. Even painting in a bathroom in Italy would be fun. Keep up the good work, eat lots of great food, enjoy your swim and share your experiences and paintings with us!

    ReplyDelete