To have a daily painting emailed to you every day, please enter your address below.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Onion and Citrus

This seems so bizarre now, but my aim was, a dark composition with nothing in the middle and forms going off the edge. I bought a pleine air frame (g0ld) for a 6x6 inch canvas and dropped some paintings in it. A good 1/3 inch of the edge is covered by the frame, which leaves a right small area left. If there is only one thing swimming there, it looks choked. Paintings with forms that go off the edge fare better and incorporate the frame into the whole. As the frame is 3 inches wide, that's a lot of mass that has to work with the piece. I also like the panel itself, unframed, but how to fix it to the wall. There is something funny to me about a big frame on a little piece that I really like.

No comments:

Post a Comment