To have a daily painting emailed to you every day, please enter your address below.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Pecans and Sugarplums, (6"square)


This painting was done at the tail end of my fury (now I am spent). I just threw the stuff down and got to painting it, being as physical with the paint as possible, using more of it and pushing it around, shaping the space. I don't know what any of that is worth, but I like this painting, both the application of paint and the rythm of the images. Probably more could have been made of the latter without the blue strip at the bottom, but it seemed like a good idea at the time.

1 comment:

  1. I see good things in both your posts . . . your fury and muscular paint create a lot of liveliness in your pecans and plums---they seem anthropomorphic and literally moving toward the blue strip. My first impression was of animals in Africa drawn to water! Having the ability to evoke an association like that in a viewer is terrific!

    ReplyDelete