To have a daily painting emailed to you every day, please enter your address below.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Cardinal and Double Olive Cupcake (6"square)



I feel good about this one. I have been working with (and not posting because of general horribleness) the color brown. I haven't been able to get good or even believable browns, and it is such a noble color, rich and homey. This is my most successful use so far. Also, the olives work much better doubled. I have worked through my last cupcake, the cake and icing is so hard nothing will stick. I just discovered there is a cupcake store in town, so maybe my cupcake range will expand soon, different colored icings, different toppings, different sizes, etc. Very exciting.

1 comment:

  1. Brown is a difficult color for me, too. You seem to have conquered it. I love the cardinal looking straight out at the viewer. Is he guarding the cupcake? :-)

    Looking forward to more cupcake paintings!

    ReplyDelete