To have a daily painting emailed to you every day, please enter your address below.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Cupcake and Mechanical Bird (6x8")


I played with positioning a long time to get some sort of relationship going with the two objects and still have some reasonable composition. This is a wonderful little mechanical bird I got from Design Within Reach, it has a tiny battery in it that makes the bird sing when the light shifts or there is movement. A great burglar alarm if you live alone. Which I don't, I live with a family of big burly men, lumberjacks and bikers. I digress. The painting needed something cool and green so I worked it into the shadow, doesn't show much here. It should have had a green thing IN it to start with probably. I do like that cool pink, though in the background. And my cupcake people are getting much better at the icing.

No comments:

Post a Comment