To have a daily painting emailed to you every day, please enter your address below.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, November 8, 2010

Little Apples


This time I went to little leftover dark apples and moved the easel farther away from the light box, so there would be more space around the forms. I tried to concentrate on what else was there: there were these electric green shadows under the apples which I didn't quite get, and also the luminous green of the cloth. The apples actually were the least compelling part of the set up. So it was interesting getting the darks down for them, sort of like exploring. One thing I have really learned on this exercise is that there are patches of grayed color on the edges of forms - I can see them now on everything. They are almost invisible, very delicate. I like this painting the best of the apples so far.

1 comment: