To have a daily painting emailed to you every day, please enter your address below.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Belligerent Eclaire


This was the strangest eclair I have ever seen (grocery store). It had a slab of extruded chocolate icing about 1/2 inch thick at the center of it, laid on top of the lid and weird yellow custard inside it. It was so horribly compelling, I have written a Haiku of sorts to honor it:

Belligerent Eclaire

Belligerent Eclaire
No longer shouting my name -
Fated: Painted. Eaten.

If anyone should comment on this, doesn't it seem right it should be in Haiku?

6 comments:

  1. Eclair in stomach
    Loudly shouting your name still
    Tasted good. Now on hips.

    Painted store eclair
    Looking good enough to eat
    Amazing art work!

    Whew!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda is a funny girl! I can't remember the number of syllables in a haiku but here goes:

    Rebellious eclaire
    the thief he left it behind
    smeared on the floorboard

    and you are a funny girl, Jean! Nice painting--ominous like a stealth submarine or a killer fish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Torture on canvas,
    Chocolate haunting my dreams.
    I shall not resist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. chocolate atop
    oily fake cream innards do
    make me want to gag.

    Ha!
    K. Peterson

    (this came to me through regular email)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Linda's comment. Reminds me of a saying: A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips. Alas, so true.

    ReplyDelete
  6. eclaire not fair
    eclaire I dare
    say you must go now
    chocolate freak

    Now everybody, get back to your painting!

    ReplyDelete