To have a daily painting emailed to you every day, please enter your address below.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Fish Portrait

I have been shut in my house too long without outside contact. Help.
I tried to figure a way to fit this fresh sardine, which is quite large - about 9 inches, onto a 6 inch square panel, and have it work. And.....instead of a painting of a fish, general and universal, I have a portrait of a specific fish. A banker executive fish who likes a high thread count in his sheets. It's very very cold here again, I'm going back to my electric throw.

3 comments:

  1. I really like this painting. You do have a specific fish . . . his beautiful iridescence, his life and death. Very strong. And very funny commentary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sardine and your smelts - great work
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these fish paintings Jean! Beautiful colors, nice compositions!

    ReplyDelete