To have a daily painting emailed to you every day, please enter your address below.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Friday, February 25, 2011

Joey

Well...... a commission.
It was quite fun doing the sky. At first I put in a serene robin's egg blue sky and it was all wrong, wrong, wrong, so I turned my back on it. Then I thought, well, the sky could have a lot of chop to it, like the fur. So I scraped it down and got out the bristle brush and mixed up a wad of dirty blue paint and smacked it on. Bingo. So sad, but it cannot be seen in this photo. I was happy enough with it altogether under the circumstances.

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm, this dog is better dressed than I am. I love its face, Jean. You really did a good job on this. I am sure the owner will be very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, me too Virginia. Joey's parents rescue sick dogs from shelters and fix them up, medically. I don't know how many they have now, but the dogs all wear clothes, especially at Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quel chien distingué, dites-moi!
    Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is simply wonderful. This painting fills my eyes, which is the greatest compliment I can give.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very fun. The owners must love this.

    ReplyDelete